SOL*R strives to provide post-secondary educators in B.C. with licensed, reusable, online learning resources that:
- Are standards-compliant (ideally)
- At a minimum are interoperable with all course management systems that are currently in use, or planned to be in use, throughout BC
- Can be previewed within SOL*R to the greatest extent possible, allowing educators to assess the value of a resource and its potential for reuse (e.g. “try before they buy”)
- Can be linked to and used directly from other courses
- Integrate as much as possible with existing workflows and technologies used by post-secondary educational institutions within the province.